Testicular Cancer

A quick intro, i was diagnosed with Testicular Cancer in late 2016, 32 year old, fit and healthy non smoker doest take drugs....yes it can affect anyone.  Symptoms i had were night sweats, a bigger testicle that ached a lot and a feeling that something is not right.  I first went to the GUM clinic thinking that i have a infection, they prescribed me tablets and said that it would go down in a week or two time, after a week the lump was still there so i went back and they told me to keep taking the medicine for another week.  I wanted a second opinion and i went to the Doctor at a walk in centre.
As soon as i see the doctor, i was told to have an ultrasound on the same day, and a few days later after seeing a lot of doctors i had the op to remove it and have a false one put in place.  The lump was just on the limit in size, but once removed the cancer would go.  i was offered Chemo but decided against it as at the time as it hadn't spread and as time went on after my two year point has passed since i had it removed, nothing was in my body and i had just as much chance to get cancer again as anyone else.  I must note that you have regular blood tests and CT scans after the removal of the testicle.

Come December 2018 and i changed hospital to one closer to me and had to have a CT scan and bloods done, usual procedure.  What happened next was what i thought was just a dream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9 Weeks - The end of treatment....i hope!

One year on

Back at home after the 2nd hospital treatments